The Tacna players came, almost exclusively, from the local Pakistani community, who were involved in the car importation business.
- Tacna players have often excelled in the annual Asia vs Rest of the World fixture.
- In 2010, they had a very successful Easter tour to Lima, taking on Chak De and also the Llamas, winning two of their three games.
- Later that year, in November, the Llamas from Lima travelled to Tacna for an exhibition game at the 25,000-seater football stadium – See report.
- The Tigers also regularly played against Iquique, a city across the border in Chile – See report.
Tacna players who have represented Peru in ICC Internationals:
- Dinesh Ekanayake (12 caps)
- Nadeem Ahmed (12)
- Javed Iqbal (9)
- Nayer Syed (2)
Sadly, with changes in the tax-free status of Tacna’s port, most of the Pakistani community has now moved away, and cricket has largely died in the city as a result.