Welcome to Cricket Peru!
Welcome to the award-winning, official website of Cricket Peru containing everything you need to know about cricket in, for and against Peru.
Cricket has been played in Peru for over 150 years, at the splendid Lima Cricket & Football Club, and is now undergoing resurgence as an Affiliate Member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) and a founder member of Cricket South America, along with Argentina, Brazil and Chile.
We currently boast:
- A long-established outdoor season running from January to April which includes:
- A thriving domestic Twenty20 Competition
- Numerous ‘friendly’ matches, ideal for the occasional cricketer to hone his skills
- Visits by touring teams, keen to enjoy Lima’s hospitality and Peru’s tourist attractions
- A spring season from November to December culminating in the:
- Junior Cricket :
- Both boys and girls from age 9 upwards
- Training sessions in Magdalena del Mar, Pueblo Libre, Jesús Maria, Lince, Chacarilla de Otero, San Juan de Lurigancho, Villa Maria de Triunfo, and at the Estadio Nacional
- A cricket facility at Cambridge School, Chorrillos
- An artificial pitch and net at Markham College, Miraflores
- International tournaments at Under-13 and Under-17 level.
- International Men’s Cricket:
- Peru participated in the ICC World Cricket League and The Llamas made their third appearance in the ICC Americas Division III Championship in San Jose, Costa Rica in March, 2011, coming second with four wins out of five.
- A bi-annual South American Championship (SAC): in April 2009, this was held in Sao Paulo, Brazil and featured teams from Brazil, Chile and Argentina. In Dec 2011, the venue was Santiago, while in Feb 2013, the Llamas travelled to Buenos Aires.
- With the scrapping of the ICC Americas Division III Championship in 2012, it was decided to hold the SAC on an annual basis. In April 2014, it was the turn of Cricket Peru to host the event, which it did with great success in Lima. For the first time, Mexico was invited to the event … and the Women’s SAC was played simultaneously between Peru, Brazil & Argentina.
- In 2015, in Santiago, Colombia was added to the roster, making the SAC a 6-country competition, for the first time.
- Women’s Cricket:
- The Vicuñas are the Peruvian Women’s national team, and they have now competed in four South American Championships, starting in Brasilia in 2011.
So, there are numerous opportunities to play, umpire, score, coach or just spectate, at the level which suits you. If you would like to get involved, please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the details below. You will be made most welcome … and you could be an international athlete, before you know it!